Monday, October 4, 2010

Game #4

In a word game #4 was a heartbreaker. The team traveled to Indiana to play the #9 ranked St. Francis Cougars. The Pioneers led or were tied nearly the entire game, but in the waning minutes of the 4th quarter St. Francis scored a touchdown and took the lead. The Pioneers rallied with a long drive down to the 10 yard line, but 4 downs later time had expired. The final score was 17-23.

It was a valiant effort by the team and though the score shows a loss I think the team had several victories that day.

The kiddo and I did not travel to the game, but we had lots of fun with a football playdate. A coaches wife and her son came over to listen to the game online. The boys played and napped while Patty and I did crafts and made homemade applesauce. Now before you go and think I am becoming ever so domesticated please note that the apples were picked by Patty and she was there to help and tell me all the steps. It was actually very easy and quite tasty. If you want to get the recipe you will have to beg Patty :)

Now I am getting excited for the next game...Malone vs. Taylor. I get to see my favorite girl roomate (okay maybe my only girl roomate, but I still love her a lot :) And Ivanhoes here I come!

I think Sawyer's excited for next weekend too...



Just look at those smiles he can't wait to see where mommy and daddy got engaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment