Thursday, February 9, 2012

In Recent News


Sawyer was sick for 3 days last week...high temp, very lethargic, congested, super clingy...some sort of virus.  While I hate for my little guy to be sick I secretly love all the snuggles. He got 2 full days of snuggles and movie watching.

Nora crawled up 1 stair several times at the Super Bowl Party we went too.  What?!  At this rate she'll be cruising at 7 months and walking at 8 months.  I am not ready for this!

Oh yeah, we went to a Super Bowl party.  Only the 2nd NFL game we've watched all season.  Most people think since Kyle is a football coach we constantly watch football.  That is not the case...he lives and breaths football for 12 hours+ a day so when he comes home watching football is not a hobby...plus we don't have cable.

I was not a fan of the Super Bowl half time show.  Madonna didn't even look like she was singing.

I've watched a 1993 Sesame Street VHS so many times I can sing the songs by heart. C is for cookie, that's good enough for me...

I've been in a bit of a sewing rut.  Right now I'm just trying to use up the fabric I have.  Hoping to find some inspiration in my stash.  One project I'm excited to attempt is a skirt for Nora.  I'm loving the Lisette line of fabrics at JoAnn's.


Nora had her first taste of food...by accident.  Nora was sitting in her high chair while we ate dinner.  Sawyer was done so Kyle took the tray off his high chair and set it on the table.  Kyle cleaned up Sawyer.  Kyle resumed eating and we were talking then simultaneously we heard a loud sucking noise to our right.  We looked over and much to our astonishment Nora had snagged a slice of orange off Sawyer's tray and was happily eating it up.  Had she been my 1st child I would have been appalled...we just laughed and took it away.  While it wasn't what I intended to be her first food I can confidently say she LIKED it.  My only regret is I didn't get a picture of it.

One of my goals for the year is to learn how to use my camera on manual...but I'm still really intimidated...I just need to do it...who cares if I don't know what I'm doing...what's the worst case scenario?  the pictures are horrible and I have to delete them...who cares...just giving myself a little pep talk.  I will start this process this month...hopefully.

I'm currently procrastinating on lots of things like compiling our income tax information, cleaning the house, etc.

I have been successful at one thing recently...going to the gym.  While I don't like the process of getting back in shape.  I sure do like the feeling of being in shape so I'm plugging away.


No comments:

Post a Comment