Wednesday, February 15, 2012

First Bites

On February 11th we decided it was time for Nora to take her first bites of food (not counting the orange slice she sucked on :)

Kyle peeled the avocado.  I smashed it up.  Kyle grabbed the camera.  I put it on the spoon.  Nora quickly grabbed the spoon out of my hand.  After wrestling it out of her grasp I held her hands down and stuck it in her mouth.  She was quite bewildered and by the looks of her face she didn't enjoy the taste.  But she successfully ate 3 spoonfuls and kept it all down. She probably would have eaten more but we had our fun for the day.  We'll try again soon...and by that I mean probably next week.  Have I mentioned I hate doing the baby food thing?







Oh and Sawyer was very intrigued by the fanfare so he asked for a bite.  We happily obliged.  Here was his reaction:


3 comments:

  1. Mackie wasn't a huge avocado fan, either. Why don't you like baby food stage? I LOVE making it! Call me weird, but I love creating healthy, fun concoctions. Maybe this will change when Brax starts eating. He's old enough for rice cereal, but we're holding out for a little bit. The kid isn't missing any meals. :)
    - Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind making the baby food I just dislike feeding them. It takes so long at first! I'm just too impatient. I totally skipped the cereal stage with Nora...we moved straight into "real" foods. I wish they could go straight to table food :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those pictures are priceless! and I am totally with you on not liking the spoon-feeding stage. It's slow-going and messy. I prefer it when they can feed themselves finger-foods more :)

    ReplyDelete