Monday, October 24, 2011

The Weekend {Game #8}

This weekend the team traveled to Fort Wayne to take on the #12 St. Francis Cougars (they started the season #2, but lost to the #1 and #2 teams) so no one thought it was going to be an easy task and St. Francis did not disappoint as they beat the Pioneers 47-10.

I stayed home with the kiddos which can sometimes be challenging after staying home with them all week, but this weekend it was a welcome relief.  Most of October is very busy for us as both Kyle and I work 14-16 hour days several days of the week.  I have not gone back to work, but I do have a contract job that is very busy from mid-September through mid-November.  So, this weekend was a nice break and I got to spend lots of quality time with Nora and Sawyer.

On Friday when I got home from work after getting up at 3:00 am I was exhausted and all I wanted to do was sleep, but that wasn't exactly an option with hungry kids who wanted some mommy attention.  So I decided to just relax and be thankful for my time with them.  Here are some things I was thankful for this weekend:


Sawyer said thank you w/out being prompted for the 1st time on Saturday
Being able to stay home with my kids (most of the time)
Nora laughing




Nora waiting patiently
Friends



Fall parties
Technology (live video feed online so I could watch the game)
Ice cream
Children who take good naps
Smell of clean clothes
a husband who helps clean

No comments:

Post a Comment