Monday, December 27, 2010

Food Junkie

Felt food junkie that is.

This Christmas I joined the felt food club and I am addicted.
My niece G loves to play in her kitchen. I thought she might enjoy non-plastic food, so naturally I whipped up some felt food for her Christmas present.

Also, what self-respecting cook does not wear an apron? So, I thought G better have an apron to wear during her cooking escapades. Because time was of the essence I bought a kid sized apron at Hobby Lobby and then embellished it with a ruffle and her monogram.
Apron, pancakes, bacon, eggs, orange slices, strawberries, and a paper bag for storage

Breakfast foods

Fruit
The strawberries were the hardest to make but I like them the best.
Really none of the foods were very hard to construct and I love the finished product.

The tutorials I used include:
Eggs (variation) and orange slices: One Craft Mumma
Brown Paper Bag: Skip to my Lou
Pancakes: WeePereas
Bacon(variation): TwelveCraftstillChristmas

I tried to get Sawyer to model the apron for you, but he must not be the cooking type :)

3 comments:

  1. You are so talented, Kristen! I received a sewing machine so hopefully this novice will learn how to somewhat construct something cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work! You should set up an ETSY store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it, and Gracie knew exactly what to do with it. I have been wanting felt food forever and i don't have the patience to make it so thanks it will be perfect. I might have to take a kristen tutorial night to make her some more. Her kitchen plastic food is terrible. Thanks and we will try and get a picture of gracie with all your homemade gifts!

    ReplyDelete