Friday, July 2, 2010

The Big 3-0!

Today my best friend and husband turns 30! I'm not 30 yet, but just saying that makes me feel older :) So, in honor of his birthday I thought I would toot his horn to let you know how special he is. He is hardworking, funny, honest, caring, loving, spontaneous, serves others, does not worry except about his son (this is such an endearing trait for me to see :), and most importantly loves the Lord with all his heart.

Here's a snippet of evidence about how great he is:

He takes me on wonderful vacations to fun places. The pictures above and below are in the Dominican Republic & Niagara Falls.

He's a VERY hardworking coach who loves his job.
He loves to serve others and play with kids.
In fact he was so attached to this adorable little girl in China we almost took her home.
He was so excited to see his son. This is the first time he held Sawyer.
And he is so playful. He can make Sawyer laugh like no one else.

In honor of his birthday we're not going to travel to a faraway land, he's not going to work hard, and he is not going to serve anyone. Today we're celebrating him by doing what he requested...lounge around the house as a family (i.e. no house projects), have a BBQ, and eat pound cake and homemade ice cream (I know it's a weird combo, but those are his favorites).

Happy Birthday! We love you!

1 comment: