Wednesday, September 6, 2017

One Year Later...laundry, mudroom, half bath

Our laundry/mud room/half bath is a tiny portion of the house, but it gets a ton of abuse! I'm so glad we took the time to renovate it so it fits our life! Here's a look of the baby blue room before...



After: the improvements included a fresh coat of gray paint to match the adjoining kitchen. The trim, cabinets and doors also got white washed. Kyle built a custom bench with 6 shoe compartments (1 for each member of the family). We also hung hooks for each person. The 2 closets in the room were reconfigured to house the tall cleaning supplies (i.e. brooms), our paint supply, swimming gear and winter accessories. This is the best use of space in our whole house!





On the other side of the room we hung the chore chart and a mail collector (this is where I put the kids papers I want to keep). We also a drying rack on the far wall.


This room is so functional. We lived in the house for 6 months before we tackled this space and I'm so glad we did. When we moved in we bought a set of lockers that I thought I wanted to use in this space. We quickly realized that wasn't the best use of space. Then I spent several months figuring out exactly what we needed in this small space and how to accomplish it while looking cohesive with the rest of the house.

Connected to the mudroom/laundry room is a powder room that is very small...I can't even get a good picture because it's so tiny. Before the room featured puke brown walls with pretty standard toilet, window and sink.




After: I had been wanting to do a bold color and since this room was small, but with good lighting I decided to take the plunge and painted it navy blue! All of the fixtures remained the same I simply painted the wall and gave the trim and door a fresh coat of white paint. In each house we like to have a travel bathroom where we hang memories from our travels. We decided to make this space our travel bathroom and I had fun creating a gallery wall of many memories! Everywhere from China to Greece, to California to Branson is represented on these walls!


I love how it turned out!





No comments:

Post a Comment