Friday, September 16, 2016

So sew

After an 8 month hiatus (due to the move, difficult housing situations and subsequent transition) I've started sewing again. During that time of transition it was so hard to know just a few short months before my life looked completely different and I sewed nearly everyday. So, honestly after 8 months I was a little hesitant to jump back in. I was nervous the creative outlet would not bring me as much joy as it previously did.

I started out slow, by completing a few projects that I had started in Ohio, namely a bib, nursing pads and some mending.


Then I decided it was high time I make something for the new babe. Since we don't know the gender I picked 2 boyish fabrics and 2 girly fabrics and created muslin swaddle blankets. It was fun to do a simple project for the baby.


Then my precious, creative Nora decided she needed some new creations. She helped me design her annual football dress and then she decided she MUST have a long skirt with a high/low hemline.

Front
Back
even though it's 100 degrees she insisted on wearing the whole winter outfit
this was made from a large skirt I found at Goodwill then I repurposed it to fit Nora
And to cap it off I made a few knot headbands for a newborn…just in case this baby is a girl…I needed to be prepared with accessories ;)



Needless to say I was a little rusty with my sewing skills, but everything came back pretty quickly and I have truly been enjoying this creative outlet once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment