Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday Facts

Football, football, football…practice, meetings, practice, meetings. During August from 6 am to 11 pm Kyle's been doing football. We've also joined in on many practices and dinners. We're all exhausted, but we are keeping our head above water. This is the final week and we couldn't be more excited to get into the regular routine of football season/school.

this boy has been loving football…the more balls the better

One day Mommy was so tired we all threw caution to the wind and had ice cream for lunch. The kids looked at me like I was crazy…but they loved it ;)


yelling for yet another ball
Bee sting…I made it 32 years without suffering a bee sting. Until last week…we were at a park, something was in my hair, next thing I know I have a sting on my knuckle. My finger swelled up immediately, but other than that I was fine ;)

this pic doesn't do it justice as my whole finger continued to swell
Books…I love to read, but to be honest in the past few years I haven't made a lot of time for reading. I'm trying to change that. I recently read All the Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr. It was quite good (several people had recommended it to me). I won't go into a full review, but it was well worth the read. I'm also reading One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp. This one is a little slower, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it. It's certainly changed my perspective/attitude several times during football camp craziness when I tend to throw myself lots of pity parties.


Nora Preschool…Nora is so ready for school. She cries nearly every time we drop off Sawyer because she so desperately wants to go. She already LOVES her teachers (which she expresses to them every time she sees them in the car line). She may be a bit dramatic, but she really is excited! She goes to orientation today and her 1st day will be next Tuesday.


God provides…when we were deciding on the best situation for Sawyer's schooling we sought the Lord's guidance. There were many factors, but in the end we chose to keep him at the private school where he attended preschool for his Pre-K/Kindergarten year. Kyle and I both felt at peace about the decision, but we didn't know where the money would come from. However, we also felt it was the Lord's will, so we just put our trust in His plan. As of August, when his tuition bill was due, I had received enough contract work (which is rare in the summer) and Etsy orders to pay the full bill! I am writing this as a testimony (even just for myself) of God's faithfulness when we follow his direction. I know I need that reminder…often.





No comments:

Post a Comment