Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Fun Run {1st Race}

Still working on catching up…during homecoming weekend Malone conducts a 5k and a kids fun run.

This was Sawyer and Nora's 1st race. It was a cold morning and we didn't know the distance of the fun run so we were a little unprepared but they still had tons of fun.

our runners before the race

practicing their start

Ready, set, go…Sawyer was fast out of the blocks


They ran around the track once. Sawyer started out quickly, but after about 200 he had slowed down. I took this picture on the back side of the track. I was cheering Sawyer on and he said "Mommy, I'm trying but it's so cold!" :) But he persevered and finished strong. Poor Nora hurt her foot the night before so I wasn't sure she would even run, but she got caught up in the excitement. She had to take a few breaks but she too finished strong!


And the best part…the candy after the race!


the whole gang of runners
And just to prove how neurotic and unhealthy my relationship with running is…I was nervous for my kids the night before and the morning of the race. It was a FUN RUN and yet I was nervous for them…oy I may be a basket case if my kids are ever runners…please be soccer players :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for their first fun run - the first of many, mama! ;) There's nothing like watching your kids gleefully giggle while running. True JOY and the reason that we should be running to begin with!

    ReplyDelete