Sunday, September 30, 2012

Game #4

Yesterday was a heart pounding kind of day in more ways than one.

I started the day bright and early with a 5:30 am wake-up call so I could participate in the Akron Marathon Relay.  I ran the 2nd leg which was 4.8 miles.  It was very cold while I waited, but once I started running it was a beautiful day.  There were over 15,000 participants which made for a great atmosphere and I was able to chat with people as I ran which made the time move faster.  I was positively pleased with my time. During training the most I ran was 4 miles and I was averaging a slow 11 minute mile.  Today I ran almost 5 miles in 47 minutes (under 10 minute miles). Not super fast...I ran a full marathon at that pace so obviously it's not that great but considering my fitness level right now I'm pleased.

From there I sped home, picked up the kids, and headed to a church tailgate party.  We ate at the park near the stadium and Sawyer had a blast on the slides and chasing geese (literally trying to catch them around the neck).

After lunch we made our way to the game.  It was a 1:00 pm game and the kids didn't get a nap but they did pretty well as long as they were entertained and had a snack.  Sawyer did cause some heart pounding moments when he ran away not once, but twice.  Once he made it clear across the stadium before I noticed he was missing thankfully the crowd was watching out for him.  The second time he went behind the stadium near the concession stand.  I asked him why he ran away and he said he was looking for me...yeah right.  And the most intense, heart pounding part of the day was the actual football game.  This week Malone took on Tiffin.  It was pretty close the whole game.  But in the 4th quarter we had a 10 point lead.  However, the lead slipped away and as time ran out the ball game was tied 27-27. In overtime MU had the ball first and scored a field goal that bounced off the goal post.  Tiffin then got the ball and proceeded to score on a field goal. So we move to a 2nd overtime.  Tiffin had the ball first and the defense held them out of the in zone and they attempted a field goal. It was blocked!!! Malone got the ball and within a few plays they ran into the in zone capturing the game with a 33-27 victory! Oh boy was my heart pounding! Funny enough Nora fell asleep on me during the final play of the 4th quarter and continued to sleep through the overtimes.  I don't know how she slept with my heart pounding out of my chest.

After the big win we celebrated by going to a friends birthday party.

It was a super busy, but fun day!  Hope we get to rest and recuperate this afternoon.


Sawyer feeding the geese
Nora with a mouth full of grapes
Sawyer passing the time with a coloring book
loving the peek-a-bo game with momma
Nora asleep on my pounding chest
my oh-so-tired little girl giving Daddy a good job hug

and a celebratory shoulder ride

No comments:

Post a Comment