Saturday, September 1, 2012

A New Venture {Simple Vague}

A few weeks ago I was contacted about the possibility of selling my Etsy wares in a retail store.  At first I was shocked.  Then I was a bit wary of such a big commitment.  Then Kyle and I discussed it at length and I prayed about it.  In the end I decided to give it a whirl (at least for 2 months :)

When I decided to open Fresh Regard I wanted it to be a place I could express my creativity, give others some more pretty in their life, and make a little extra money.  It was never intended to be a full time job because I am first and foremost a mom.  That's why I decided to try the retail store gig on a trial basis.  If it is too stressful and interferes with family life then I will pull the plug, but if creating homemade goods continues to be a fun process and other people like what they are seeing I will continue. I have no idea if my merchandise will sell, but I am glad I took the opportunity to take a risk and give it a try.

Anyway, the store is called Simply Vague.  It is a store that sells locally made wares everything from sculptures, food, leather wallets, hats, etc.  It's kind of like a brick and mortar Etsy.  It's set up kind of like an Antique Mall with different vendors having a booth in a retail environment.  My products will be sold at Simply Vague's new location in Tuttle Mall in Dublin, OH (near Columbus).

The proprietor of the shop really liked my towel sets and wreaths so 15 towel sets, 6 wreaths and 1 week later I sent my merchandise to Columbus.

And the store opens TODAY!  If you live in or near Columbus check it out (let me know what you think I haven't had the chance to visit yet).




No comments:

Post a Comment