Sunday, March 18, 2012

Diengie

I recently attended a wonderful home gallery party. I don't normally post products on this blog, but this business really impressed me.

source
Diengie (DNG), a local mom and daughter business, makes bags but these are not your everyday run of the mill carryalls.  According to their website, "Diengie means 2 in an Indo-Pacific language and this number represents what Diengie is all about--rescuing castoffs and giving them a second chance."  They make everything from wallets to purses to huge reusable grocery bags that are made from coffee bags and re-purposed fabric.  Plus they are super stylish and each one is unique!

Beyond the beautiful, eco-friendly, high quality products this team has some awesome goals.
  • Build their business based on Biblical principles
  • Employ single moms and teach them a marketable skill and help them provide for their families 
  • Locate in a low-income area
source
So if you or someone you know likes stylish, unique, eco-friendly products check out their website or etsy site.  They don't post all of their items online (as each one is unique) so if you want to special order a specific color you can!  They also make great gift items such as cup wraps and keychain loops which are perfect for moms on the go.  I have the latte loop and it is so functional!  I can just put my keys around my wrist as I get out of the car. No more fumbling around for my keys when I'm juggling a baby in one arm, grocery bags in another and a toddler who could bolt at any moment :)

source
I was not paid or perked to write this post, I just think their products and mission are awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for such a glowing review Kristen! We always love sharing our story and you are helping us spread the word.

    ReplyDelete