Thursday, June 16, 2011

32 Weeks


How far along: 32 weeks 2 days

Total weight gain: 29 lbs.

Maternity clothes: well when I have to wear something other than shorts and a t-shirt yes

Sleep: side sleeping with a pillow between the legs and at least 1 bathroom break per night

Best moment this week: finally finding a name for the little lady

Movement: Often, when I sit down to relax on the couch at night she's especially active making my whole body shake

Food cravings: nothing substantial except maybe ice cream...but I always want ice cream so I don't think it can count as a pregnancy craving.

What I'm missing: being able to sit or stand for long periods of time w/out becoming uncomfortable

What I'm looking forward to: finishing house projects so I feel prepared for having this next little one (nesting is in full force, just ask my husband)

I had a quick and easy doctor's appointment this week. Babies heart rate was 148 bpm. My blood pressure and weight were good. The baby is still in the same position laying diagonally with her head in my right pelvic bone and her feet near my belly button. She still has plenty of time to flip down a little more, but it would be nice if she went ahead and made the move because it can make sitting and sleeping uncomfortable.

I mentioned to the doctor that I have been experiencing quite a bit of pelvic pain. I know it's not ligament pain because I've dealt with that in both of my pregnancies. This is a different kind of pain that makes it difficult to walk or lift. I figured it was nothing more than growing pains and I was right. It's just pressure pain and the best way to alleviate the pain is to rest. The dr. said I should stop picking up Sawyer. That only made me smile...as if that is even possible. I'm with him 24 hours a day and while he doesn't often want to snuggle he is only 16 months old so he does need assistance with some of life's basic tasks...getting into his high chair or car seat for example. So, while I don't think I can stop picking him up I do think it's time to slow down...we'll see how that goes with a very busy 16 month old.

No comments:

Post a Comment