Monday, June 20, 2011

1st Official Hair Cut

Two weeks ago I was fed up with Sawyer's unruly hair. Truth be told it was starting to resemble a mullet. I had taken a few attempts at cutting the long hair on top and around the ears, but I had no idea how to attack the back. So I decided it was time to visit the barber.

I planned to take him to a stylist that specialized in kids cuts, but that morning we faced several obstacles. The salon was not yet open and as we were driving we got caught in a deluge of rain. However, I was on a mission. The driving conditions were terrible, so I decided to go to the nearest salon and see if they took walk-ins. Well, it happened to be a beauty school and due to the weather there was no waiting. I just prayed he would handle it well. And much to my surprise he did an amazing job. He sat there like a big boy and hardly squirmed at all. He did refuse to put the cape on, but I didn't care. They gave him a sucker and he was well entertained. Since there was no one in the shop he had a parade of young ladies to ooh and aah over him. 10 minutes later he was done and I could breathe a sigh of relief. He looks even more adorable now. I didn't take any pictures of the process, but here is a before and after.

Before:


After:

And for those inquisitive minds no he did not wear his pj's to the salon. He changed back into his pj's when we got home because he was soaked from the rain, had hair all over his shirt, and was sticky from a sucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment