Thursday, February 18, 2010

Change of Plans & A First

Sawyer had another first on February 12th he was in his first car accident. More on that in a minute...
Friday, February 12th was Kyle's last day at home and it did not go as smoothly as we had hoped. Kyle packed up his office and spent some quality time with the family then we all jumped into the car for a ride to the airport.

On the way to the airport the airline called to inform us his flight had been cancelled due to bad weather in Atlanta and was rescheduled for 5:30 am the next morning. Since we were almost to Wichita we decided to keep going to the airport to see if there was another flight he could catch that night. He had an early morning appointment with the realtor and he did not want to miss that. Also, I did not want to get up at 1:30 am to drive him back to the airport.

When we reached the airport we were waiting our turn to get the ticket to park when the vehicle in front of us decided to back up. This decision resulted in him running into our vehicle and smashing the front of our car. Thankfully no one was injured, but our car will need some body work and the worst part is the headlight is out, so I cannot drive at night. Because it occurred on Friday afternoon and Monday was a federal holiday the insurance company did not even contact me until Tuesday to begin the process of getting the car fixed.

Kyle was not able to find another flight reaching his destination, so he had to cancel the realtor appointment. Thankfully our wonderful friends, the Tuckers, graciously opened their home so Kyle could stay in Wichita and gave him an early morning ride to the airport.

I was planning on staying in Wichita to do some shopping and once again join the land of the living, but because I no longer had a headlight I had to hurry home before it got dark. And to top it off Sawyer was starving. The poor thing was crying so hard, but I couldn't pull over to feed him because I had to get home before dark.

Needless to say our good-bye to daddy was hurried and frantic. I was feeling overwhelmed. I am playing the part of a single parent for awhile and now I have to deal with having no transportation. So, saying good-bye was hard, but as we parted Kyle reminded me who I needed to find my strength in...not me, not him, but Jesus. Thanks for the reminder honey! Life since Kyle's departure has been going much smoother now that I am trying to trust in Jesus and not my own strength (funny how it works that way :)

**I wrote this post a few days ago. For more information on Kyle's destination and some upcoming changes stay tuned for the next post.

***Today I went to the body shop and the car may be totaled...that was a shock. I guess we might be getting that new car a little sooner than expected...we will see.

1 comment:

  1. geez, what a departure! I'm sorry. Those moments are so draining! I've had many myself. We'll keep you guys in our prayers in your transition and seperation. :(

    ReplyDelete