Tuesday, April 23, 2013

20 months

(I accidentally posted this before I added pictures, so now I've updated it and reposted)


I haven't done a Nora update in a while. I typically wouldn't until she turned two but I just feel like she is growing up so fast these days.

She talks non-stop some days. She is putting multiple words together. She loves to read and when you read a book she will repeat the final word on each page. She can repeat pretty much any word you ask her too. This week she finally said her name.

She LOVES to read
This week she hit a major milestone she finally climbed up the Chick-fil-a playground tower! Then she did it over and over and over again. She was quite proud of herself and loved her new found freedom...so did mommy. No more clinging to my leg while Sawyer plays.

She is starting to have attachments and show interest in certain things. She LOVES the blankie and bear she sleeps with. And her favorite toy is her minnie mouse figurine which she affectionately calls "mouse." She also likes Elmo (or Melmo as she says) and Buzz Lightyear...I think she may be influenced by someone.

As spring weather is starting to make an appearance we have been visiting the park pretty frequently. Nora is constantly surprising me with her adventurous spirit. She wants to do everything Sawyer does. She goes down the big slides by herself and climbs up everything she can reach. The picture below she climbed up this step ladder all by herself. A little terrifying for mommy but she kept doing it over and over and loved being able to keep up with Sawyer.


She knows her body parts and animal sounds. Another identifying game she is shockingly good at is clothing. Shirt, pant, dress, boot, flip-flop, skirt, coat it doesn't matter what type of garment she can identify it. And if she sees clothing lying around she will identify it and who it belongs too, for example daddy's coat, my pants, etc. I think we may have a budding fashionista on our hands. Lord help us!

Here's our budding fashionista in one of her ensembles: she took off her pants, put on her purple converse and decided to accessorize with her sparkly vest. After she put this "outfit" on she kept coming to me and saying "bye-bye" which means she wants to go somewhere. I guess we're going to have to work on the concept of modesty :)

I weighed her the other day and she was 23 pounds even. She has grown out of all 12 month clothes and some of her 18 month clothes are getting a little short. The weather needs to stay warm because all of her 24 month clothes are for the summer.

She has started throwing tantrums when we tell her "no" or when her brother is being mean.

But in some ways she is definitely keeping her "baby" status.

She still sleeps in the crib. Sawyer was in a twin bed at 18 months.
Goes to sleep with a sippy cup.
Gets held and coddled way more than her brother ever did.






1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. My older 2 girls were out of their cribs by Rosa's age (15 months) but I look at her and can't imagine doing that yet. Maybe it depends on differences between kids and/or a situation calling for one way or another, but maybe also she'll just stay "my baby" for a while :)

    P.S. I love the photo idea with them holding their baby picture, that's adorable! --KIT

    ReplyDelete