Wednesday, August 15, 2012

New Kitchen

We decided Nora needed a kitchen for her birthday.  Instead of buying one we decided to make one out of an old TV stand.  It was a great joint effort by mommy and daddy and everyone is thrilled with the result!
before picture


We bought the TV stand at Habitat Restore for $12.  Kyle sanded it down, took 1 door off, switched the hinges on the other door, and drilled holes for the sink, faucet, and oven knobs.  I painted the inside and outside, painted the stove and made the curtain and dish towel.  The sink is a stainless steel bowl we already owned.  The faucet was purchased at a salvage yard.  And the oven handle was also purchased at ReStore.  We already owned the paint (I used it for our bedside tables) but I did buy the fabric for the curtain.  The whole project came in at less than $30 so not only was it less expensive than a store bought kitchen it's way cuter :)







It is Nora and Sawyer approved!
For her birthday the grandparents helped outfit the kitchen with play food, pots and pans, and organizational baskets. So now she is all set to enjoy hours of cooking with mommy!

3 comments:

  1. Too cute and clever, Kristen and Kyle! you guys are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - this is ADORABLE! You two are way too talented. I'll start calling you Dana and Randy Regehr. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS SERIOUSLY SO AMAZING! I love it!!!! I want one and someday I will have one - if I have to pay you to come to LA to make it. :D But seriously, what a great idea and its WAY better than one you could buy - its so cute and will be a great heirloom! Love it.

    ReplyDelete