Saturday, March 30, 2013

Craftiness

At the end of 2012 I had hit a craft rut mainly because I was sewing so many towels I did not have the time or creative reserves to just have fun. So over the last few months I have been working on some new things and taking on new sewing challenges (zippers and making my own patterns).

Here's a peek at my newest creations:
Nora's Easter basket liner


 Sawyer's Easter basket liner

These Easter basket liners were truly a labor of love. It involved a lot of math and lots of seam ripping. But in the end I think they turned out very well and they will be used for years to come.


Pom-pom towel


Pleated ruffle towel




Boppy Cover with zipper
There are several boppy cover tutorials on the WWW but they weren't quite what I was looking for. I wanted a zipper closure on the outside seam. So I just used my boppy cover as a template and watched a YouTube video for installing the zipper. A friend had requested this for a baby shower gift and it was pretty simple. I will be making more of these in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment