Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Decor

Linking up with Kelly's Korner Christmas Home Tour  today. Welcome into my home!

This year I did a simple mantel display for Christmas. This is the opposite of my normal approach. Typically for Christmas I do a more elaborate display then the mantel for the rest of the year is pretty subdued. But this summer and fall the mantel was very full and colorful so I decided I wanted to do something more simple for Christmas. I love the result!

Berry wreath (repurposed from our wedding 7 years ago :) placed over the chalkboard.

Pluse pine garland flanked by a pair of candlesticks at either end of the mantel. Then I finished the look by adding our 4 coordinating stockings.

mini ornament display in the bay window
I love non-traditional Christmas colors (blue and white, lime green, monochromatic whites, neons, etc), but every Christmas I when I am deciding on our holiday decor I just have to go the traditional route. I'm not the biggest fan of decorating in dark colors but for 1 month a year I LOVE it! Just call me old-fashioned.

my DIY yarn ball wreath
and a sneak peek at our very 1st Christmas tree!

4 comments:

  1. So pretty!
    Would love if you stopped by the Holiday Linky Party - mantels - to link it up! The party is happening NOW!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that yarn ball wreath. I'm sharing it with a friend of mine who is totally into crafting and knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wreaths! I especially love that over the chalkboard. I'm gonna have to borrow that idea. Adorable!

    http://www.hickstionary.com/2012/12/holiday-tour-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete