Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Thankfulness {new traditions}

This year we are hosting Thanksgiving for the 1st time.  It could be very interesting...  But as I have been preparing the house and the food for the event my mind has been focusing on starting a new tradition.  What can we do to remember all or our blessings past, present, and future?

I saw an idea online that included a journal and each person writes what they are thankful for and you include a family picture from the day.  I love the idea of that, but I'm not sure it's a tradition that would last because it involves people taking the time to write and you have to remember to get a picture and post it in the book.

In years past we've gone around the table and verbally expressed what we are thankful for, but I'm not sure that will work with the Schenk clan...they are very eager to eat and I really want to eat the food when it's hot.

So, after some discussion with friends I have determined we are going to get a tablecloth and everyone will write 1 thing they are thankful for in 2011.  Every year we can add thankful thoughts to the tablecloth.  And we can look back at previous years to remember God's past blessings.  And as an added bonus I think it will be fun to watch the kids write their thankful comments as they continue to grow.

I'm excited about this new "tradition" hopefully it sticks :)  Anyone else have Thanksgiving traditions for their family?

No comments:

Post a Comment