Saturday, May 22, 2010

4 Month Stats

On May 13th Sawyer reached the 4 month mark. And on May 17th he had his doctor visit. We saw his new pediatrician for the first time.

I love the doctor, but I'm not so crazy about the nurse. Because the old doctors office forgot to send Sawyer's medical records (which I requested several weeks prior) she was asking me all sorts of questions and she was rather annoyed that I did not have all the answers. She asked exactly what week and day of gestation Sawyer was born. I have a general idea, but I certainly don't know the exact day, so she actually got the calendar out and made me count it to be sure. That was her first question and it only got worse from there. After a few questions and her attitude I gave her the phone number for the old doctor's office.

Anyway, once the doctor arrived everything went smoothly. He said Sawyer looked good and developmentally he was right on track. He received 3 shots, which was harder than the first time because he is so much more aware and because the mean nurse made me hold him down. But again I think it was harder on me than Sawyer because he stopped crying as soon as I picked him up.

His stats:
Weight 11 lb. 14 oz.
Height 23.5 in.
Head 15.5

And while he seems to be growing like a weed he is actually a very small kid. His weight and height are in the 3rd percentile. The doctor is not concerned because he is proportional, just small.

And now for some highlights at 4 months:
  • Rolls over from his stomach to his back
  • Plays with his feet
  • Interacts with his toys
  • Ate a few bites of rice cereal
  • Loves to play with his daddy
  • Laughs and giggles a lot
  • "Talks" to everyone (jibber-jabber really loud)
  • Smiles at all the people that stop to talk to him at the grocery store
  • Drools and sucks on everything
  • Likes to stand
  • Loves to play upside down
  • Favorite toy is the exersaucer

2 comments:

  1. No WAY he is 4 months already! That's crazy! Sounds like he is doing terrific, and being small isn't slowing him down at all.

    Sorry the dr's didn't send the records in time. I have never had a good experience with things like that. You've got to be really pushy. Last time we moved I said "just give me a copy of the records so I can deliver them myself!"

    Can't wait to see more photos of the new house, hope you guys are settling in well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he's so sweet!
    Caleb just asked "Is that Sawyer? In Malone?" :) I think he thinks States/towns are identified by their team! He still wishes you guys were all Warriors. :)

    ReplyDelete