Thursday, February 13, 2014

32 weeks {Baby #3}


Seriously not the best picture, but when it is below freezing and you have snow up to your knees a fogged over lens and sun ray will have to do.

How far along: 32 weeks
Total weight gain: 25 lbs.
Maternity clothes: Yes
Sleep: okay, it's getting a bit more difficult as my back and stomach are usually pretty sore by the end of the day
Best moment this week: Confirming that the baby is head down
Movement: Yes, all the time, especially at night. Kyle and I typically relax together in bed for about an hour before going to sleep and that is when he is most active. There is constant movement, kicks and jabs.
Food cravings: nothing specific, I haven't been very hungry, but my sweet tooth is definitely back in full force
What I'm missing: being able to bend over comfortably
What I'm looking forward to: Setting up his crib

Since I am now on the bi-weekly doctor visits I've had two appointments in the past month.

At my 30 week appointment everything looked great (blood pressure, measurements, weight, etc). The babies heart rate was 148 bpm. I have started to feel the Braxton Hicks contractions when I overexert myself. It is also becoming quite uncomfortable to sit.

The 32 week appointment also went well. My blood pressure was good and I had zero weight gain. The babies heart beat was 162 bpm. And the great news is he is head down. I was unsure of his positioning, but the doctor could immediately tell he was head down.

I'm hitting the uncomfortable stage. With the 1st 2 pregnancies I didn't reach that mark until the final month. This time I have 2 months to go and there are certainly points during the day where I am uncomfortable. But I am choosing to give myself grace and have already started to slow down. We've been reading a lot more books and going out a lot less (the weather is also a contributing factor). The kids are doing most of the picking up of toys and being more independent as they get on their clothes and shoes. I'm just thankful I know the end result and can see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment