Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Master Bath Reveal {the final room}

We are finally done renovating the final room in the house! Now we can breathe a sigh of relief...who am I kidding there is always more work to be done when you own a house. But it does feel great to be done with all the major renovations.

So are you ready to see the result? Well, first I thought it might be nice to refresh your memory about where the room began. It was untouched from the day we bought it to nearly 3 years ago.





Yellow wallpaper, no storage, and bad tile job oh how I miss you...or not.

And finally here is a before and after shot with many more after shots to follow.



Taking out the huge green L-shaped countertop really opened up the room. Now Kyle and I can both comfortably stand at the vanity.

A new toilet and a little art from Etsy really brightened up this corner 


My favorite part hands down is the marble subway tile backsplash. I'm in LOVE with it! I love how the white marble with the gray veins ties in perfectly and the subway tile pattern is so classic and modern at the same time.

 The yellow tile shower remains...work with what you've got. It did receive an upgrade with a new shower door.


The curtain is also one of my faves. I was searching for a gray/yellow fabric to incorporate more of the yellow tile into the room. I found this home decor fabric but it was $54 per yard. Alas I determined that was far to expensive for a bathroom curtain. So the search continued while I pined over the fabric I loved. Then one day I was at the fabric store and there was a piece of my favorite fabric in the remanent pile which means it is 50% off and as luck would have it the fabric was already on sale for 50% off so I pounced on that fabric and got it for $7. And it was the perfect amount of fabric for this cute valence.


The mirror in this bathroom is actually the same mirror that was leaning against the wall in the previous bathroom. I bought it at a garage sale for $5 when we first moved into the house (the house had zero mirrors when we moved in). We (as in Kyle) upgraded the mirror by using liquid nails to adhere white trim as a frame. The trim was about $10, so for a $15 investment we have an upgraded bathroom mirror (anything is better than a freestanding mirror that is precariously leaned against the wall :)



And now for a breakdown of what we did:

Flooring $50
Shower door $125
Mirror $15 (mirror purchased at a garage sale)
Vanity $100 (purchased from Craigslist)
Sink $25 (former display sink that was drastically reduced)
Faucet $20 (bought on Black Friday for a great deal)
Toilet $150
Medicine cabinet $10 (used the existing cabinet just switched out doors)
Curtain $7 (fabric remanent)
Organizational items $4 (from Dollar Tree and Target $1 section)
Light $40
Marble backsplash $20
Paint: $30

Total: $596

After reflecting on this room makeover I am reminded of how important it is to shop around and be patient when you are on a budget. You will eventually find the deal you are searching for.

No comments:

Post a Comment